Saturday, February 25, 2006

BOOK LAUNCHING AND YOU'RE INVITED!

It's been a while since I've last written something worth your pause. But for good reason, I believe. Those of you who will be in Quezon City - or in the vicinity of the Philippines or Southeast Asia - are invited to the launching of my book, The Poverty of Memory: Essays on History and Empire. The event will be held on March 24 at the Balay Kalinaw, University of the Philippines at 4PM. Seating is limited so those who are interested to attend, please email as soon as you can! Send emails to: red_constantino(at)yahoo(dot)com [sorry about spelling it that way; spammers abound...]

The last quarter of 2005 was a crazy and fruitful time but it was a real busy period. Beginning 2006, though still wearing other hats, I will be writing most of the time and there is no looking back.

Originally, the launching was slated for the tenth of March but it had to be moved due to unforeseen circumstances. I thank those who sent emails last week saying they wished to attend, especially because of their patience since I haven't responded yet to their letters. In the next few weeks, I will be sending out articles - some of which are based on the book - to serve as teasers to the event itself. I trust they're worth your while. I ask for the same deal with articles I have sent out previously - I hope you like them enough to pass them on. If not, just hit delete and be done with it.

Warm regards.

red

No comments: